No. of Positions available: 2 Full Time, Permanent Positions and 1 Contract Position
Salary: Very competitive rates depending on experience and skills
Hours: Monday-Thursday 7am-5pm, Friday 7am-3:30pm (Lunch 12-12:30)
Location: Niagara Falls, ON (near Falls Chevrolet at 5900 Thorold Stone Rd.)
Environment: Custom Millwork – not an assembly line. Our shop has individual workstations and a paint booth.
We currently have 2 Full Time, Permanent positions available and 1 Contract Position available to work on an
as-needed basis for when we have a large job. The Contract Position would be suitable for a retired Cabinet Maker who prefers not to work Full Time. The available positions are as follows:
- Experienced Cabinet Maker, Full Time, Permanent
- Experienced Senior Cabinet Maker, Full Time, Permanent
- Experienced Senior Cabinet Maker, Contract Basis
We are flexible with the training and/or experience required. Your salary will be adjusted accordingly. If you studied Cabinet Making at the College but have little to no experience, you will be on the lower end of the pay scale. With more experience and a higher level of skill, you will earn a higher salary.
- Must be able to build efficiently from Shop Drawings/Blueprints. This means you can analyze the Shop Drawings to create a Cutting List of Materials that minimizes waste.
- Must be proficient in the use of basic woodworking machinery such as Edge-banders, Sliding Table Saws, Mitre Saws, etc.
- Must be experienced in cutting the materials, laminating, edge-banding, sanding, assembling using glue & clamps and installing hardware. You may be asked to assist our Installers to load the cabinetry onto our truck for installation at the Customer site. Our installers will take over at that point.
- Must have experience working with Plastic Laminates. This is a must for the Senior Cabinet Maker.
- Some Finishing knowledge is an asset.
- Must either have experience in Cabinet Making OR be a College Graduate of Construction/Cabinet Making.
- Experienced Finishers may also be considered (painting, staining, lacquering, sanding).
The Experienced Senior Cabinet Maker will need more of these skills.
The Experienced Cabinet Maker can have fewer of these skills and we may provide instruction.
- Standing for extended periods during your shift is required due to the nature of the work.
- Ability to lift 50lbs is required.
- Keeping a fast work pace is necessary to match the volume of work and our price schedule.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Looking for a Team Player to respect Management and your Co-Workers and provide feedback.
- Must complete course certifications (provided by the employer at no cost to you) such as WHMIS.
- Must adhere to all Covid Safety Protocols and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Contact Us to apply.